Central Texas chimneys are exposed to extreme weather, wildlife, corrosion, shoddy construction, and plain old aging; all of which can negatively impact its safe operation. At Capitol Chimney we’re experienced at handling all kinds of chimney repairs, including:
- Leaky chimneys
- Masonry problems
- Chimney crowns
- Chimney liners
- Chimney caps
- Wildlife guards
- Metal chase covers
- Chimney equipment repairs
To the inexperienced eye, it’s impossible to tell a minor nuisance from a major safety issue. So, make sure you hire an experienced company to inspect and repair your chimney.
We’ve been repairing chimneys and fireplaces for 20+ years with hundreds of happy customers.
Schedule An Appointment
What Types of Chimney Repairs Do You Handle?
At Capitol Chimney, we like to think that we’ve seen it all when it comes to chimney repairs. However, even if you’ve got a one-of-a-kind issue that we’ve never encountered, we’re confident that our vast experience in Central Texas makes us the best option for diagnosing and repairing your chimney. We routinely handle the chimney repairs listed below.
Leaky Chimneys and Roof Leaks Around the Chimney
Whether you have water dripping into your fireplace every time it rains or you’ve noticed damage to your roof or drywall from water leaking in around your chimney, we can help with:
- Missing or damaged equipment—when your chimney cap or crown is either gone or broken, water can pour straight down your chimney or slowly seep into your chimney structure causing long-term (and expensive) damage.
- Brick, stone or masonry issues—stone, brick and mortar joints can break down over time and let the elements into your chimney structure causing it to deteriorate into a costly and unsafe situation.
- Faulty or improperly installed flashing—the watertight connection between your roof and chimney is typically achieved by installing watertight metal flashing. Improperly installed flashing or damaged metal material can cause expensive problems with your roof, drywall, and chimney.
With 20+ years in the business, we know exactly what to look for when identifying any water entry issues concerning your chimney. We’ve repaired hundreds of chimney leaks in the area and we can typically give you your options and costs on the spot.
Chimney Masonry Repairs
Masonry chimneys in Central Texas are especially susceptible to extreme weather and deterioration over time. Let us help you repair your chimney’s masonry issues before they cause costly damage to your home, including:
- Repointing and tuckpointing—we replace the missing or loose mortar that holds the bricks of your masonry chimney together and helps your chimney safely withstand the elements. We make sure that our repairs are sound and match the existing brick/stone and mortar colors.
- Masonry restoration—cracked bricks/stones can accelerate deterioration, while weather events or falling tree limbs can also take a toll on your chimney. We’ll replace defective bricks or stones to prevent structural damage and repair any physical damage to your masonry chimney. We can usually identically match your brick and mortar with new materials from our area network of masonry suppliers.
We know that the way your chimney looks and functions after a masonry repair are both very important, so we spend time making sure we match your masonry and mortar as closely as possible when we restore your chimney to proper working order.
Chimney Crown Repair and Construction
Around here, the top of your chimney is routinely exposed to extreme summer heat, spring thunderstorms, hailstones and other potential hazards from wildlife to falling debris. A properly constructed and functional chimney crown can help prevent problems related to weather and animals. We can help you with:
- Chimney crown repairs—improperly built chimney crowns are a common problem and can easily become cracked or damaged. This can allow water to penetrate the chimney structure or create a fire hazard. Let us repair your masonry crown to make sure it’s providing protection for your chimney.
- New chimney crowns—we can construct a brand new mortar chimney crown to protect your structure from water damage and ensure it is operating safely.
Chimney crown repairs and installations are one of the most common jobs we do throughout the year, so let us help you ensure the safety of your family and property.
Depending on the age of your house, your chimney may or may not have been constructed with a flue or chimney liner. Today, chimney liners come standard with most chimneys because they help eliminate serious fire and health hazards. We can help you:
- Install new chimney liners—if you don’t currently have a liner or you have an extremely old or damaged liner, we can install a new state-of-the-art liner that protects your chimney and makes it much safer than when it was originally constructed.
- Repair or reline chimneys—older chimney liners can breakdown over time and require repair or even full replacement (relining). Additionally, if you plan on changing fuel or making other changes to your heating system, relining with material that is more appropriate to your new situation could be a necessary safety precaution.
A properly installed liner can protect your chimney from excess heat, creosote buildup, carbon monoxide leakage, and other issues. Let our experts inspect your chimney liner to make recommendations based on what they find.
Chimney Caps and Wildlife Guards
Chimney caps protect your chimney from water, debris, birds, and wildlife, while also serving to block the wind to make sure your chimney’s draft is consistently directing smoke and other toxins out of the firebox and away from your family. The more you can do to protect your chimney, the longer it will safely serve you and your family. We are chimney cap experts and are happy to help you:
- Repair or install chimney caps—a chimney cap in good working order is one of the most cost-effective investments a homeowner can make. Not only will it extend the life of your chimney and fireplace, but it also provides protection from property damage due to water or fire. We use high-quality stainless steel chimney caps that are durable and airtight, protecting your chimney from weather, foreign objects, and animals.
- Install wildlife guards—birds and other animals can take up residence in your chimney and their nests can pose a fire hazard. Capitol Chimney can install special wildlife guards over your chimney to keep the animals from climbing in while ensuring that heat and smoke smoothly flow out.
If you’ve heard animal noises in your chimney or see water in your fireplace during a rainstorm, contact our experts to check everything out and make your chimney safe.
Metal Chase Covers
Several builders in Central Texas will install prefabricated or factory-built chimneys and fireplaces that are primarily constructed out of metal. Since these chimneys don’t have a masonry stack or crown for protection, this metal can rust and deteriorate if it is constantly exposed to the harsh weather elements. We are your metal chase cover experts and are happy to help you:
- Install a new chase cover—chase covers are made out of metal and can be simple galvanized steel or constructed from a more durable material, like stainless steel or copper. At Capitol Chimney, we can recommend a number of long-lasting and great-looking solutions for your home and handle the installation with minimal hassle.
A properly installed chase cover can ensure that your prefabricated or manufactured chimney is operating safely and efficiently for years to come, so contact us today.
What Can I Expect With My Chimney Repairs?
After completing hundreds of successful chimney repairs in the area, we’ve learned that the sooner we can address your problem, the cheaper it’s going to be for you to fix. Don’t wait until a little issue with your chimney or fireplace becomes a big, expensive problem. Contact an experienced professional as soon as you suspect that something is wrong. Our process for chimney repairs typically includes:
- A thorough examination of your entire chimney to determine whether there is a problem, how extensive the problem is, and if it is impacting any other parts of the house or heating system.
- If we do find an issue, we give you our honest assessment of the situation and how we can solve the problem, as well as review any additional costs that may be involved with the service. Sometimes, we can fix repairs on the spot. If we need to order parts, or can’t repair your system during the call for some other reason, we will provide you with a timeline so that you know when you can use your chimney again.
- We’ll repair your chimney by fixing or replacing old equipment, ensuring that the system is watertight and wildlife proof, and confirming that everything is safe, sound and functioning properly.
- We’ll leave your home in better condition than when we arrived. You won’t even know that we were there, but your home and family will be much safer when we’re gone. We’ll also leave you with tips on how to keep your fireplace and chimney working efficiently until the next time we come around.
- We guarantee our work. We’ve been in business for so long because we have a lot of happy customers, and we want you to be happy, too. If you experience any problems with your chimney repair within 12 months of the work, just get in touch with us and we’ll come back to address your concerns at no additional cost.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee
We want to exceed our customers’ expectations and provide high-quality service, every time. If you don’t feel that we have delivered on what we promised, we want to make things right. Within a 12-month period, if you experience any problem related to your chimney cleaning or inspection, just get in touch with us and we’ll come back to address your concerns, at no additional cost.
No Hassles and Free Estimates
We want to be completely upfront and transparent about our pricing and fees. That’s why we provide our customers with both free estimates and complimentary inspections. In some cases, we can even give you an estimate when we speak with you on the phone.
Depending on the type of work you’re requesting, we may ask for an in-person meeting so we have all the information we need to give you the most accurate estimate of costs and time. Once we get your approval, we’ll schedule your service call as soon as possible. As you might expect, we are busiest during the winter months, so you’ll have an easier time getting an appointment in the spring and summer.
Why Capitol Chimney for Chimney Repairs?
We realize that you have several choices when selecting a company to handle your chimney repairs. Please make sure the company you hire employs experienced chimney experts and provides them with the tools and ongoing training needed to ensure your family’s safety. Here are some areas where we think Capitol Chimney should be considered for your chimney repair:
- We have a lot of experience—we’ve been repairing chimneys in the Central Texas area since 1997. Over that time, we’ve seen almost anything you can imagine, so we have the specialized tools, training, and experience to get the job done right and ensure your family’s safety.
- We’ll respect your time and property—we pride ourselves on not wasting our customers’ time. This means we’ll show up when we say we’re going to show up, keep our customers in the loop about what’s going on and clean up any trace that we were ever at your home.
- We’re a safety-first company—the majority of our chimney repairs are done to ensure that your system is operating safely and efficiently. Our main focus when repairing your chimney is to leave your heating system in the safest condition possible, so you can have peace of mind.
- We’re from here—sure, there are other experienced chimney repair companies out there, but Capitol Chimney has 20+ years of professional experience working right here in Central Texas and not many other companies can say that. This has helped us gain a deep knowledge of the construction, wildlife, wood and weather issues that can impact the safe operation of your chimney now and in the future.
- We’re not happy unless you’re happy—we’ve built our business on the kind words and referrals of our chimney repair customers, so we do everything we can to make sure our customers are happy.
Chimney Repair FAQs
If you consistently hear similar noises, you probably want to assume there is a nest of some sort in your chimney and cease having any fires in your fireplace until the issue has been addressed. If it’s a case of nesting birds, you should also know that there are several laws in place, depending on where you live and the species of bird, that limit how you can handle a situation of a nest with eggs or chicks in it. You can always call us here at Capitol Chimney to answer your questions or come out and assess the situation.
Chimney Repair Services For Central Texas
We provide chimney repair service across the majority of Central Texas from our two area offices:
Austin, Texas Chimney Repairs—we provide chimney repair services to the greater Austin area from our location in Central Austin:
3800 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78756
Phone: (512) 982-6392
New Braunfels, Texas Chimney Repairs—we provide chimney repair services to New Braunfels and North San Antonio from our New Braunfels location:
411 Windsor Ln.
New Braunfels, TX 78132
Phone: (830) 407-6876
Chimney Repairs for Central Texas—we provide a full array of chimney and fireplace services across most of Central Texas. Check out our service area.