An annual inspection of your chimney and connected systems, along with regular maintenance, can ensure that homeowners:
- Avoid dangerous and costly home fires
- Prevent carbon monoxide build-up inside the home
- Keep birds and wildlife from establishing a permanent residence
- Identify small problems before they become costly chimney repairs
We’ve been inspecting chimneys for 20+ years with hundreds of happy customers.
Schedule An Appointment
Whether it’s a routine annual chimney inspection, part of a real estate transaction or you suspect something may be seriously wrong with your chimney, make sure you choose a trained and experienced chimney expert to thoroughly examine your chimney, fireplace and venting system to make sure all parts and components are working properly.
How Often Should You Get Your Chimney Inspected?
Both the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) recommend that you have your chimney inspected every year. In addition to an annual examination, there are other circumstances when these organizations recommend having your chimney inspected by a trained professional:
- If you suspect an issue with safety, efficiency, or functionality
- When you’ve installed a new appliance
- When you sell or transfer a home
- If you notice any water leaking in the house by the chimney
- When you’ve had your flue repaired or relined
- If you’ve had a change in fuel or appliance type
- If you’ve had a chimney fire
- In the event of extreme weather
At Capitol Chimney, we understand that our customers are very busy people and that a chimney inspection may not be at the top of your “to-do” list right now. That’s okay, we’re happy to help remind you.
What Happens During a Chimney Inspection?
When performing chimney inspections, Capitol Chimney follows the standards set by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), an organization that specializes in preventing chimney fires, dryer fires, and other home heating disasters. The CSIA has specified the following three levels of chimney inspections:
- Level 1 – No Changes or Problems Have Occurred
We recommend Level 1 inspections for chimneys under continued service, that operate under the same conditions, with the continued use of the same appliance. In these instances, we’ll check the chimney and flue for basic structural soundness, examine the appliance installation and connections. We’ll also verify that your chimney is free of obstruction and combustible deposits.
- Level 2 – System Changes, Suspected Issues or Real Estate Sales
These types of inspections are typically warranted if you suspect an issue with your system, if there has been an event that may have caused damage, or if you have made any changes to the system since your last inspection. Additionally, a Level 2 inspection is required for most real estate transactions. In these situations, we’ll thoroughly check all accessible parts of the chimney system and we’ll examine the internal surfaces and joints of all flue liners within the chimney for issues.
- Level 3 – Hidden Hazards That Require Special Tools
Whenever there is a suspected safety issue in a part of your system that cannot be viewed during a Level 1 or 2 inspection, a Level 3 inspection is recommended. These can be much more invasive and could potentially require the removal of certain system components (chimney crown, interior chimney wall, etc.) where necessary. We work closely with our customers during these inspections to discuss all work thoroughly before we begin so there are no surprises.
Regardless of the level of inspection, we will always be sure to leave your house clean and safe for you. We will vacuum up any loosened debris and dispose of any plastic cloths we may have laid out. If furniture has been rearranged and covered, we will not leave until everything is back in order.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee
We want to exceed our customers’ expectations and provide high-quality service, every time. If you don’t feel that we have delivered on what we promised, we want to make things right. Within a 12-month period, if you experience any problem related to your chimney cleaning or inspection, just get in touch with us and we’ll come back to address your concerns, at no additional cost.
No Hassles and Free Estimates
We want to be completely upfront and transparent about our pricing and fees. That’s why we provide our customers with both free estimates and complimentary inspections. In some cases, we can even give you an estimate when we speak with you on the phone.
Depending on the type of work you’re requesting, we may ask for an in-person meeting so we have all the information we need to give you the most accurate estimate of costs and time. Once we get your approval, we’ll schedule your service call as soon as possible. As you might expect, we are busiest during the winter months, so you’ll have an easier time getting an appointment in the spring and summer.
Why Capitol Chimney for Chimney Inspections?
We realize that you have several choices when selecting a chimney inspection company. First and foremost, please choose a company that employs experienced professionals and provides them with the tools and ongoing training to ensure your family’s safety. Here are some areas where we think Capitol Chimney deserves your consideration:
- We know what we’re doing—we have more than 20 years experience inspecting all types of chimneys in the Central Texas area and we have the specialized tools and training to get the job done right and ensure your family’s safety.
- We respect your time and property—we show up when we say we will and leave your house looking like we were never even there (or better).
- We’re a safety-first company—chimney inspections are all about identifying safety issues and addressing them in the best possible way to make sure you have “peace of mind” when using your fireplace. That’s what we’re all about.
- We’re from here—after working in Central Texas for multiple decades, we fully understand the construction, wildlife, wood and weather issues that can impact the safe operation of your chimney now and down the road.
- We’re not happy unless you’re happy—we’ve built our business on the kind words and referrals of our customers, so we do everything we can to make sure our customers are happy.
Chimney Inspection FAQs
Areas We Serve
We provide chimney inspection services to the majority of Central Texas from our two area locations:
Austin, Texas Chimney Inspections—we provide all of our chimney services to the greater Austin area from our location in Central Austin:
3800 N. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78756
Phone: (512) 982-6392
New Braunfels, Texas Chimney Inspections—we provide all of our chimney services to New Braunfels and North San Antonio from our New Braunfels location:
411 Windsor Ln.
New Braunfels, TX 78132
Phone: (830) 407-6876
Chimney Services for Central Texas—we provide chimney and fireplace services across the majority of Central Texas. Check out our service area.